Primary Fund Investment Program
Sobrato Capital is invested in world-class private equity funds targeting opportunities in Venture Capital, Growth Equity, Buyout and Distressed/Restructuring.
The private equity portfolio pursues global opportunities and is composed of both sector-focused managers and generalist strategies across North America, International Developed Markets, and Emerging Markets. Sobrato Capital:
- Seeks to forge long-term relationships with its investment funds, generally investing over multiple fund vintages. In addition, Sobrato Capital has collaborated with general partners to create innovative fund structures.
- Is continually seeking compelling and innovative funds in which to invest and actively sources investments in first-time funds.
- Is drawn to fund structures in which there is a strong alignment of interests between the GPs and LPs.
- Seeks investment opportunities that leverage and complement the Organization’s existing assets and expertise.
Direct and Co-Investment Program
Sobrato Capital leverages its resources and network to operate an active direct investment platform, targeting high-growth enterprises in and outside of Silicon Valley.
In general, Sobrato Capital pursues venture capital, growth, and buyout direct investment opportunities side-by-side with its investment funds, leveraging the expertise of its fund managers.
Sobrato Capital believes that it is a nimble, savvy and value-added co-investment partner, bringing domain expertise, a differentiated network and business acumen to its portfolio companies.
Secondary Fund Investment Program
Sobrato Capital seeks to leverage its scale, liquidity and long-term investment horizon to pursue secondary investment opportunities under compelling circumstances. It:
- Will consider secondary purchases of top-tier Venture, Growth, Buyout and Distressed/Restructuring funds and fund portfolios.
- Selectively pursues ownership stakes in companies through direct secondary transactions.
- Is an efficient and nimble organization that will prosecute secondary transactions in a discrete and professional manner.