3000 Sand Hill Rd., Bldg 4, Ste 110
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Sobrato Capital Principals & Team
Chairman Emeritus, TSO
Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, TSO
Primary Fund Investment Program
- Sobrato Capital is invested in world-class private equity funds targeting opportunities in Venture Capital, Growth Equity, Buyout and Distressed/Restructuring.
- The private equity portfolio pursues global opportunities and is composed of both sector-focused managers and generalist strategies across North America, International Developed Markets, and Emerging Markets.
- Sobrato Capital seeks to forge long-term relationships with its investment funds, generally investing over multiple fund vintages. In addition, Sobrato Capital has collaborated with general partners to create innovative fund structures.
- Sobrato Capital is continually seeking compelling and innovative funds in which to invest and actively sources investments in first-time funds.
- Sobrato Capital drawn to fund structures in which there is a strong alignment of interests between the GPs and LPs.
- Sobrato Capital seeks investment opportunities that leverage and complement the organization’s real estate assets and expertise.
Direct and Co-Investment Program
- Sobrato Capital leverages its resources and network to operate an active direct investment platform, targeting high-growth enterprises in and outside of Silicon Valley.
- In general, Sobrato Capital pursues venture capital, growth, and buyout direct investment opportunities side-by-side with its investment funds, leveraging the expertise of its fund managers.
- Sobrato Capital believes that it is a nimble, savvy and value-added co-investment partner, bringing domain expertise, a differentiated network and business acumen to its portfolio companies.
Secondary Fund Investment Program
- Sobrato Capital seeks to leverage its scale, liquidity and long-term investment horizon to pursue secondary investment opportunities under compelling circumstances.
- Sobrato Capital will consider secondary purchases of top-tier Venture, Growth, Buyout and Distressed/Restructuring funds and fund portfolios.
- Sobrato Capital also selectively pursues ownership stakes in companies through direct secondary transactions.
- Sobrato Capital is an efficient and nimble organization that will prosecute secondary transactions in a discrete and professional manner.