3000 Sand Hill Rd., Bldg 4, Ste 110
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Sobrato Capital Principals & Team
Chief Executive Officer, TSO
Chief Investment Officer, TSO
Chief Financial Officer
Managing Director, Private Equity
Sobrato Capital Consultant
Non-Discretionary Private Equity Consultant
Three Distinct Portfolios
Sobrato Family Holdings (SFH)
- Originally funded by cash flow from the Sobrato Real Estate Operations, SFH is the Organization’s largest pool of securities investments, comprised of fund and direct investments.
- SFH is a taxable portfolio with a long-term investment horizon. As such, it is managed with a high degree of tax sensitivity and tolerance for volatility.
- SFH is comprised exclusively of public and private equity investments. Private equity investments include allocations to Buyout, Venture/Growth and Distressed/Restructuring funds. SFH will also opportunistically make direct and co-investments in high-growth enterprises in and outside of Silicon Valley, generally working in collaboration with its investment fund general partners.
- SFH has taken an innovative approach to private equity, investing in multiple first-time funds, establishing a seed fund/micro-VC program and collaborating to create innovate fund structures.
Sobrato Development Company (SDC)
- SDC is a taxable pool of public equity investments that provides liquidity for the Sobrato Real Estate Operations.
- SDC is very liquid and managed with a long-term investment horizon, tolerance for volatility and high degree of fee and tax sensitivity.
Sobrato Family Foundation Endowment (SFF)
- SFF represents the Sobrato Family Foundation’s endowment and was funded through donations of appreciated real estate from members of the Sobrato family.
- SFF has a robust private equity portfolio that generally participates with SFH in new commitments.
- SFF funds the initiatives of Sobrato Philanthropies and is expected to grow significantly as the Sobrato family continues to pursue its philanthropic objectives.