Pathways for Success
The Pathways for Success (PFS) program seeks to increase economic opportunity for low-income individuals and families to help them actively participate and contribute to a vibrant Silicon Valley across multiple generations. This is achieved through continued skill development, making connections, and on-going community support.
The PFS program seeks to strengthen individuals and families through an integrated set of strategic priorities comprised of three core income elevation priorities and two critical stabilizing components:
- Connecting individuals to opportunity through meaningful work experience and connection to professional fields.
- Advancing skills and careers through technical skills training and employment support in viable career pathways responsive to the labor market.
- Creating and expanding opportunities through small business and entrepreneurship.
- Rooting in the local economy, or “rootedness” by targeting housing stability and dependable social networks as critical to economic success and resiliency.
- Stabilizing and sustaining economic gains as individuals and families become more economically mobile, increasing financial capability and access to financial tools.
In addition, the PFS program seeks to support regional innovations by contributing to and participating in cross-system solutions and conversations.
How Strategy is Implemented via Grantmaking
Grants are proactively cultivated with partners, and grantees are funded through invitation.
Grants are typically not made to fund existing programs to continue work unchanged. Instead, grants generally support new or innovative programs, or fund the growth or deepening of programs in Silicon Valley.