Position Announcement: Superintendent-Multi Family Residential
The Sobrato Organization is dedicated to building a strong and vibrant Silicon Valley community through business and philanthropic leadership. Founded by John A. Sobrato in 1979 and led by CEO Matt Sonsini and President Rob Hollister, The Sobrato Organization remains a family-owned firm known for integrity and dedication, with no outside investors or joint venture partners. Since 1953, the Sobrato Family has played a pivotal role in shaping Silicon Valley through its real estate development and by giving back to the community through its innovative philanthropy. Its office, and R&D projects comprise approximately 8.1 million square feet, most of which are Class A, mid-rise office buildings. The firm also owns 28 apartment communities totaling approximately 6,500 units along the West Coast. Through Sobrato Philanthropies, the firm has donated more than $379 million in cash and real estate to various communities.
The successful candidate will be in charge of all field operations related to the construction of Class A on podium multi-family and on grade townhome style Apartment structures, predominately in the SF Bay Area.
- Management of the Asst. Superintendents and laborers on the jobsite.
- The day to day inspections and corrections needed to insure public and project safety is maintained at all times.
- Preparing for, and walking all required city inspections.Assist in the development of all construction schedules.
- Scheduling of the subcontractors, and maintaining coordination between the various trades on the project.
- Ensuring each subcontractors conformance with the project plans, specifications, and contract scope of work.
- Quality control of constructed items, compile lists, correlate and complete the punch list process; estimate percent complete for Subcontractor billings; understand the RFI and submittal processing; review design documents for constructability; understand and implement Cal OSHA safety mandates as they relate to the Subcontractor/Prime Contractor relationship; check as-built drawings as a part of Project Close Outs.
- Project types include Class A, type V, 1 HR, wood framed, mid-rise, multi-family residential structures on post tension podiums, and on grade, wood framed Townhome style apartment units, including associated site work and parking structures both above and below grade.
- Typical projects will include the construction of high end common spaces such as Lease Offices, Fitness Centers, AV Rooms, Commercial style restroom facilities, Recreation Rooms, Swimming pool areas , etc.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the construction of podium style multi family housing projects, preferably in the SF Bay Area.
- Exposure to all types of structural systems (Wood/Concrete/Steel), claddings systems (Stucco, Siding, Glass, Aluminum), Onsite and Offsite improvements, HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical/Waterproof and Flashing systems etc.
- Experience with scheduling the various telecom, power, and water companys .
- Experience with Elevator installations and the affected subcontractors.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proven track record of on-time, on-budget completion of similar projects.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, MS Projects or similar scheduling software and Word (Apple preferred).
- Some commercial office building experience is a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Highly competitive benefits package
- Full-time, exempt position
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Sobrato Organization is an equal opportunity employer, welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. TSO's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.