Position Announcement: Property Accountant
Title: Property Accountant
Business Unit: TSO
FSLA Status: Exempt
Work Location: Mountain View, CA
Date Submitted: May 16th, 2023
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Real Estate Property Accountant to join our team. The Real Estate Property Accountant should have the necessary experience and skills to oversee day to day financial activities related to the properties owned and managed by the company. This role will ensure that all financial transactions are accurate, complete, and compliant with Company accounting policies and procedures. We're looking for someone who is highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and take ownership of their work.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations of all Commercial and Foundation properties.
- Perform related month-end close functions including creating and reviewing of monthly financial reports to support the close process.
- Creating monthly tenant charges and Invoicing, direct billings, updates and any tie-outs to GL.
- Work with Property Managers and review and reconcile tenant accounts, including rent payments, Security Deposits and common area maintenance charges, and other billings.
- Responsible for P&L analysis, trial balances, balance sheets, etc.
- Preparing and entering all recurring monthly Journal Entries and review GL activity.
- Obtain, review and analyze property lease agreements, including review of new leases, amendments, modifications, renewals, and termination agreements.
- Create quarterly/yearly reporting packages for lenders.
- Prepare yearly CAM reconciliations, operating CAM and other escalation billings for tenants.
- Upload all Third-Party financials into Yardi.
- Backup for AR check/ACH deposits. Review and manage A/R aging and research and answer accounting related questions related to tenant balances.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and other financial account reconciliations.
- Prepare necessary entries and tie outs to reconcile Payroll accounts.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports for internal and external use.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned in order to maintain accurate and efficient workflow and reporting.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Seeking a highly qualified candidate who has earned a bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university, with a focus on finance or accounting, and has minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Must have Commercial real estate experience.
- Experience with accounting software and systems, especially Yardi, is a significant plus.
- Expert in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and Word.
- Worked in fast-paced environment, using your efficient prioritization skills to handle multiple projects with ease.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Direct Reports: None