3000 Sand Hill Rd., Bldg 4, Ste 110
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Sobrato Capital Principals & Team
Chairman Emeritus, TSO
Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, TSO
Chief Financial Officer
Managing Director, Private Equity
Sobrato Capital Consultant
Non-Discretionary Private Equity Consultant
Micro Venture Capital and Direct Investment Program
- Sobrato Capital perceives there to be a significant investment opportunity in early-stage technology companies resulting from the dramatically declining cost of innovation.
- As such, Sobrato Capital has invested in a “basket” of micro-VCs targeting early-stage opportunities, primarily (though not exclusively) in enterprise sectors.
- Fund investments include Initialized Capital, Illuminate Ventures, Streamlined Ventures, Amplify Capital, Core Venture Group, Allegro Ventures, among others.
- Side-by-side with these funds, Sobrato Capital has made direct investments in many early-stage companies, including OpsMatic, trueAnthem, Feed Media and SALT Technology.
Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital
- Sobrato Capital identified a significant opportunity to pursue, in collaboration with the Morgan Stanley Expansion team, first-institutional, growth equity investments in technology and related sectors sourced from the expansive Morgan Stanley platform.
- Working collaboratively with the Morgan Stanley team, Sobrato Capital anchored and helped create the innovative terms for Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital.
- Morgan Stanley Expansion offers its LPs the unique opportunity to co-invest with the Fund on very attractive terms in every investment the Fund pursues.
- Current investments include Docuware, Vigilant, and Nutanix (NTNX), among others.
Advisory Board Relationships
- Consistent with Sobrato Capital’s goal of partnering with its investment funds and adding value where possible, members of the Sobrato Capital team sit on several advisory boards, including those of Riverwood Capital, Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital, 8VC, Third Rock Ventures, and Amplify Capital.