Mountain View, CA 94041
Position Announcement : Assistant Project Manager-Multi Family Residential
The Sobrato Organization is dedicated to building a strong and vibrant Silicon Valley community through business and philanthropic leadership. Founded by John A. Sobrato in 1979 and led by CEO John M. Sobrato and President Rob Hollister, The Sobrato Organization remains a family-owned firm known for integrity and dedication, with no outside investors or joint venture partners. Since 1953, the Sobrato Family has played a pivotal role in shaping Silicon Valley through its real estate development and by giving back to the community through its innovative philanthropy. Its office, and R&D projects comprise approximately 8.1 million square feet, most of which are Class A, mid-rise office buildings. The firm also owns 28 apartment communities totaling approximately 6,500 units along the West Coast. Through Sobrato Philanthropies, the firm has donated more than $379 million in cash and real estate to various communities.
Successful candidate will oversee construction of Class A, low/midrise on-podium residential projects (type V units and type 1 garage) predominately in the SF Bay Area. Duties include: assistance in preparation of preliminary and final construction budgets; assistance in DD and CD plan review including cost and constructability input to the Design Team; monitoring of construction schedules; Source and negotiate competitive subcontractor/supplier agreements including preparation of detailed bid analysis and contract Scopes of Work compliance; Cost and quality control; Subcontractor billings; Project Close Outs.
Project types include Class A, low to midrise residential, including associated site work and parking structures both above and below grade. Post-tensioned concrete garage structures with wood framed residential units above as well as full Tenant Improvements depending on individual project requirements of common spaces.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the construction of podium style multi family housing projects, preferably in the SF Bay Area. Must have exposure to all types of structural systems (Wood/Concrete), claddings systems (Stucco, Siding, Glass, Aluminum), site improvements, HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical, etc.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proven track record of on-time, on-budget completion of similar projects.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, MS Project and/or scheduling software. Experience with Apple Mac systems is preferred.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Highly competitive benefits package
- Full-time, exempt position
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Sobrato Organization is an equal opportunity employer, welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. TSO's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.